Parents in today’s age are quickly losing their authority.
Homeschooling is one of the best and most effective ways for you as the parent to regain control over your own child, reclaim your natural parental authority, and recommit to your full responsibility for the tarbiya of your child.
Homeschooling allows you to:
- Have control over what your child learns, which means you can:
- Prioritize the learning of Islam and important Islamic subjects: Quran (hifdh حفظ / memorization, tafsir تفسير, tajweed تجويد, tadabbur تدبر/ reflection), seerah / biography of the Prophet Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم and of his Sahaba and stories of the prophets, hadith, `aqida, Arabic, and instill a deep love of Allah Most High.
- Protect your child from the woke sicknesses forced down the throats of schoolchildren in modern secular public and private schools, like HGTV and other illnesses that are made to seem “normal” and “beautiful.”
- Inoculate your child against the biggest diseases of modernity, the -isms taken for granted in the mass schooling system: atheism, scientism, materialism, liberalism, feminism, individualism, hedonism, satanism. Save your child from falling into these traps and explain their inherent flaws and irrationality, while demonstrating why and how Islam is far superior.
- Teach your child “secular” academics much faster and more efficiently at home one-on-one than in school at the usual 20-to-one ratio. Use your intimate knowledge of your child’s personality and learning style to tailor the material to fit your child’s needs, so that learning is even deeper and more impactful.
- Protect your child from the hyper-sexualized environment of the public sphere, including sadly modern public and private schools. Guard your child’s fitra and innocence for as long as possible.
RELATED: What Are You Exposing Your Muslim Children To?
- Teach your children manners, social graces, and beautiful etiquette according to Islam at home, instead of letting the mass schooling environment destroy these things. The “socialization” that happens in school is one of the worst things that can happen to a child: learning how to curse, be foulmouthed and vulgar, act shamelessly, behave brazenly, defy adult authority, are part of the “socialization” of school. Socialize your own child properly at home.
- Impart your own mother language to your child well. One of the worst losses of public school is the loss of Arabic/ Urdu/ Bangla/ Turkish/ Farsi/ Swahili and other original languages of our Islamic countries. English learned in school replaces them all, superseding them in your child’s mind and mindset. This language barrier creates a gap between the understanding of parents and their children, causing a rift in the relationship, estrangement, emotional distance. The parent and the child no longer speak the same language, literally AND figuratively.
- Choose your child’s friends and playmates by vetting them carefully and knowing their families. When your child is institutionalized in the system, you as the parent get no say in who your child hangs around all day in class, in sports, or extracurricular activities. Your child will be influenced by the presence of these other children and you will have no idea who they are.
- You will reclaim your rightful place as the main influence in your child’s life. You will be the primary caregiver, primary teacher, primary role model. You will have the authority and the right to impart your own values to your own child, your own principles and convictions. You will be able to pass on Islam to your child unfettered by the intervention of external forces and unhindered by the time constraints imposed by the mass schooling schedule. You, the adult who birthed the child, will be also the adult who raises the child and moulds his personality and refines his character. It will also be YOU who has to stand before Allah and answer for how you raised or didn’t raise your child, so regaining your natural authority to be able to fulfill your parental responsibilities is critical.
Parents, we live in a time of war. An ideological war that is being waged for the hearts and minds of our own children.
How would you like to proceed so you can win the war? Allow your enemy to take control of your own child and just forfeit the fight? Or stand up and reclaim your natural authority as a parent?
Interested in homeschooling but don’t know where to start? Take Alasna’s course: Bonded Hearts, Noble Minds.
Want a Quranic homeschool curriculum that takes the guesswork out of what to teach your children? Try Alasna’s Quranic Homeschool curricula.