- A response to a misleading Hadith interpretation going around on social media.
- The addition of the words in brackets “a doctor/medical practitioner” is not part of the original Hadith… it’s just an assumption based on someone’s interpretation.
Below is the Hadith going around with the misleading addition:
Amr bin Shoaib narrates from his father, who narrates from his grandfather, that Nabee صلى الله عليه وسلم said:
Whoever gives medical treatment and he is not known to be [a doctor/medical practitioner] then he is liable.
(Sunan Nasai; Al Mujtaba, Hadith: 4830, Sunan Ibn Majah, Hadith: 3466, Sunan Daraqutni, Hadith: 4497)
The addition of the words in brackets “a doctor/medical practitioner” gives unsuspecting readers the assumption that secular indoctrinated doctors and medical practitioners are considered as the people that the Hadith are referring to. This is not true as there are many reasons why graduates of secular medical schools should not be considered as people of knowledge when it comes to health matters. Below are just some of the reasons:
- Secular medical schools promotes the beliefs of the secular state which contradicts many Islamic beliefs.
- Health effects of spiritual problems (evil eye, black magic and jinns) are not taught to students in medical schools but are mislabeled and passed off as other health conditions….as per the Hadith doctors will be held liable for this misdiagnoses.
- Students at secular medical schools are not taught about how to use natural cures from the Quran and Sunnah to treat patients….as per the Hadith doctors will be held liable for been ignorant of this.
- Students at secular medical schools are not taught that sins can also be a cause of sickness….science cannot explain all causes of sickness as it has limitations.
- Students at secular medical schools are not taught about other Islamic treatments like repentance, sadaqah, supplication and duas…..this explains their incorrect belief on incurable diseases, which Islam teaches us can be cured using divine interventions…..as per the Hadith doctors will be held liable for this ignorance.
- Students at secular medical schools are taught the incorrect beliefs on fever, sneezing, detox symptoms, sickness and contagious diseases….as per the Hadith doctors will be held liable for this misinformation that they promote to their patients.
- students at secular medical schools are brainwashed into taking scientific evidence over Islamic evidence and mislead the muslim ummah in the process by propagating fake promoted science when real science(which is censored) are in line with Islamic beliefs.
- Students at secular medical schools are brainwashed into believing that there are no better/safer alternative treatments than the allopathic treatments that they are indoctrinated into believing…. according to the Hadith they will be held liable for the harmful effects that these allopathic treatments cause.
- Why didn’t they include the words like Hakeems, Raaqis, Aamils and Hijamah therapists in brackets? It’s clear that secular practitioners are been promoted over Islamic practitioners to indoctrinate unsuspecting Muslims into secularism by using secular titles in brackets.
-The title of doctor itself is an academic title and not an Islamic title…doctor is actually a Latin word and later a French one, meaning anyone who’s a teacher – usually of law, theology, philosophy, as well as medicine for a learned profession. So the really precise way to call for healing of sickness would be to ask for a practitioner that heals patients according to Islamic standards.
- Based on the above secular trained medical practitioners are untrained, unqualified and unfit to practice medicine and healing according to Islamic standards. Secular indoctrinated Muslim health practitioners need to acknowledge the deficiency in knowledge that they are operating with and should make sincere attempts to get a real education according to Islamic standards as they will be held liable for whatever harm that they are causing to their unsuspecting patients. If an unqualified person physically treats a patient or operates on him and this leads to his death, then he will be held liable to pay the blood money. This is aside from him being liable in the court of Allah!
This is also a good response to ignorant people who like to use the words “ARE YOU A DOCTOR?” when you question or challenge the views and beliefs of doctors on health matters. Just because the secularists promotes the beliefs of doctors and scientists using various tools of propaganda it does not mean that they are considered as Islamic healers according to Islamic standards. Many doctors have good intentions of helping patients but they have been given a license by the secularists to harm people due to their indoctrination in unislamic beliefs.
It is advisable for Muslims to promote legitimate Islamic healers instead of promoting doctors. Be cautious of getting information on health matters from pro secular sources like mainstream media, the secular state, the WHO, Muslim doctors and the misguided scholars who align themselves with those who promote secular beliefs over Islamic beliefs. Don’t expect secularists to promote Islamic beliefs on their secular platforms as those platforms are used to promote their beliefs instead. Muslims need to make an effort to get their health information from alternative sources if they want to improve their health.
Another serious issue is that nowadays Muslim radio stations, Muslim newspapers and Muslim television programs are giving secular indoctrinated Muslim health practitioners a platform to promote their unislamic beliefs on the unsuspecting Muslim ummah….be cautious of them as ignorance is one thing but never forget that some Muslims are agents of the kuffar.