By Ibn Mosharraf
After decades of apathy we are finally seeing Muslims mobilizing and agitating against France for their continued anti-Muslim policies.
Something that many of us have been calling for years.
But these calls for boycott is not sitting well with some(or many) self-professed advocates of Laïcité (Secularism) and even some Muslims.
Here is a summary of the contentions against boycott making rounds online.
- The Prophet(ﷺ) tolerated blasphemy. Muslims who are protesting against blasphemy are radical extremists and terrorists. Or enabling them.
- Muslim nations should civilize themselves first before lecturing a Modern Nation like France which promotes Free Speech.
- Boycotting France is Hypocrisy. What about the Uyghurs?
- Boycotts are not effective.
- What about offensive verses in the Quran?
This two part series will address these contentions as comprehensively as possible.
In this first part we will discuss the following issues.
- Are Muslims unIslamic in their intolerance towards blasphemy?
View original post 2,381 more words