In 2012, Hazrat Shaykh Hakeem Akhtar (rahmatullahi alayh) released the following notice in termination of the ijaazat of one of his former Khalifahs who had engaged in the Kabeera (Major) sin of having his image appear on television. This was in accordance with the Ijma’ (unanimous) stance of the Akaabir of Deoband who correctly deemed the one who comes on television a Faajir (a shameless and open criminal):
A GENERAL AND IMPORTANT NOTIFICATION FROM KHANQAH IMDADIYA ASHRAFIYA
According to the statement of Hazrat Hakimul Ummat Thanwi (ra), ‘any khalifa who is publicly found committing major sins then his khilafat will automatically be considered null and void.’
Some examples of these actions due to which the khilafat will be nullified are:
(1) Appearing on television.
(2) Appearing on the internet with ones picture.
(3) Taking pictures of animate objects and or printing them or making films.
(4) Not observing shar`i pardah and or not exercising caution from intermingling with non-mahram women.
(5) Participating in gatherings that go against the sharia.
(6) To practice black magic, write un-Islamic talismans/amulets, and or be involved in fortune telling.
Khanqah Imdadiyyah Ashrafiyyah
Gulshan Iqbal, Karachi
END OF NOTICE
Please forward this important notice and advice which today has become completely Ghareeb (strange, forlorn) just like many other parts of the original Deen, and exactly in accordance with the prophecies of Rasulullah ﷺ regarding the increasing Ghurbah (strangeness, isolation) of the true Deen as we approach closer to the Final Hour.