What is the “King of Fruits”?
What you may not know is that the humble, tropical PAPAYA, available throughout the year, turns out to be the king of fruits!
Papaya has been selected by the WHO (World Health Organisation) for the second consecutive year as the fruit with the highest nutritional values, the king of fruits! Why? Here are the facts about the papaya!!
The nutritional values of papaya are as follows:
1. Calcium is twice as much as apples.
2. Vitamin C is 13 times that of apples, 7 times that of bananas, 7 times that of watermelons, 8 times that of cherries, and 1.3 times that of pineapples.
3. Vitamin A is 10 times that of kiwi fruits, 18 times that of apples, 1.5 times that of bananas, 1.5 times that of watermelons, 15 times that of cherries and 16 times that of pineapples.
4. Vitamin K is 5 times that of bananas, 2.5 times that of watermelons, and 4 times that of pineapples.
5. Carotenoids related to eye protection, including lycopene, beta-carotene, lutein and zeaxanthin, are 2000 times more than kiwi fruits, apples, cherries and pineapples. Bananas, and guavas have no such ingredients.
The above source is from the US Department of Agriculture (USDA) 2016.
Note : Don’t throw those black pips away. Dry them and then grind them. They are excellent for colon cleanse and intestinal parasites.
MAY ALLAH TA’ALA GRANT SHIFA TO ALL
6 Safar 1441 (5 October 2019)